It's now two full years since the eight households moved into their new homes at Eliakim's Way that South Mountain Company designed and built. We've continued to read the sub-meters monthly and now have two full years of data. Here's the comparison between the two years, by house and by end use:
- Heating energy was down due to the mild winter
- PV output was up - 1.42 kWh/W!
- House 4 got within 300 kWh of zero net energy
- Most households increased their use of energy once heating is disregarded
- House 8 used an amazingly low amount of heat
Our meter reader has said Enough! so from now on out we'll be looking once a year at these totals.